Maritim Hotel Würzburg
Phone: +49 (0) 931 3053-0, email@example.com
The towers of the cathedral, which are visible from far, the Marien Chapel, Neumünster and Käppele, along with the old bridge on the Main and the Marienberg Fortress lend the characteristic look to the city. And artists such as Tilman Riemenschneider, Balthasar Neumann and Giovanni Battista Tiepolo have left their mark everywhere with their works.
The highlight is the residence of the princely bishop, the "castle of all castles". Balthasar Neumann, the architect and genius of the baroque era, created this excellent construction in the 18th century, which is listed today as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.more
From the old bridge you will enjoy fantastic views of the fortress "Marienberg," the pilgrimage church "Käppele" and the famous vineyards.
Enjoy rich architecture and glamorous interior decoration of the church Käppele", built 1748-1750 by Balthasar Neumann.
"St. Kilian" is a prime example of the architectural style during the time of the Salian kings. It is the fourth largest Romanesque "Dom" in Germany and is home to artifacts from many centuries.
Take our partner City Tour's train through Würzburg and find out more about its history and its Old Town. During this enjoyable trip you will get a good look at the magnificent Residence palace and the Cathedral, and ride along the Main river with a view of the Marienberg Fortress, all the while discovering amusing and topical information about the city and its highlights from several centuries of history.more
2nd to 8th January and 4th February to 31st December
Duration: approx. 40 minutes
Meeting point: from/to the Residenzplatz or Balthasar-Neumann-Promenade stop
Further information available at City Tour
The Residence Palace - "The Castle above all Castles" - is one of Europe's most renowned baroque castles and it is registered as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. It was built by Balthasar Neumann and includes a much acclaimed staircase with awe inspiring frescos by the Venetian artist Tiepolo.more
April through October daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
November through March daily 10 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Last entry is 30 minutes before closing.
Guided tours in english:
Daily 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.,
April through October additionally 4.30 p.m.
Duration: 45-50 minutes