Experience the Reformation first hand at the historic locations. Many locations frequented by Luther are only a few minutes away from the Maritim Hotel Magdeburg and can conveniently be reached on foot or with public transport.
- Cultural History Museum: approx. 500 m
- Magdeburg Cathedral approx. 700 m
- St John's Church and Martin Luther Monument: approx. 1 km
- Fürstenwall promenade with City Gate: approx. 1.2 km
- Walloon Church: approx. 1.6 km
Tip: Special exhibition "Gegen Kaiser und Papst" (Against Emperor and Pope) at the Magdeburg Cultural History Museum:
Immerse yourself in life at the time of the city's Reformation in the 16th Century, which will be impressively revealed to you through paintings, artworks and everyday objects. Furthermore, original eyewitness accounts, pamphlets and broadsheets as well as woodcuts and engravings serve to illustrate the struggle over the Christian faith.
Nearby sites of Lutheran interest
- Museum at Luther's parental home in Mansfeld: approx. 73 km
- Luther city of Eisleben: approx. 83 km
- Luther city of Wittenberg: approx. 86 km
Many cities in Germany have prepared for the big anniversary in the form of spectacular celebrations and fascinating exhibitions. The cities of Berlin, Eisenach and Wittenberg will be the highlights of the event with special exhibitions for the Reformation anniversary 2017.